Monday, January 20, 2014

Engaged


Holy crap it finally happened.  I met the man I am going to marry.  April and I used to joke around about finding a halfass decent guy sober, get him drunk then go up to Tahoe and get married.  Well, both of us didn’t want to settle.  So she married her Prince Charming back in 2007, I still hung out and did my own thing.  Come that fateful day in August 2012 and I met Craig.  You know when they say “you just know”.  Even  though he scared me at first, I just knew he was different and I that I had finally found my nice guy that had almost everything I require in a guy.  He can fix cars, do handyman stuff, cook (we make a great pair in the kitchen), hold open doors, is great with kids (important for the nieces), has manners and is totally laid back.  He has a great sense of humor too.  I just love him.  He’s not perfect, but he’s perfect for me.

Since we were going to his sisters for Christmas Day, we decided to exchange presents on Christmas Eve.  When it came to me opening mine I had laughed at the whimsical garden birds that he had picked out.  They are so cute.  I wasn’t paying attention to the yellow one, just the green one.  He had told me to take a look at the yellow one and there was a ring taped to it.  I gasped and quick looked at him, he took the ring off, held it up and all he said was “Well what do you think future Mrs. Brownfield” I hugged him so tight and of course said yes.  His family is so excited to have me as the newest addition.  My family is too and the girls are excited to have another uncle.  We are not going to make any wedding plans yet.  Still have logistics to work out as I’m not moving to where he is and he’s not moving where I’m at.  We both have decided on a happy middle so now it’s going to be finding a house.  So this year is going to be a new year of change for both of us and I cannot wait for the next chapter in life.

I am waiting to put these outside until Craig and I have our house.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment