Monday, January 20, 2014

Refrigerator House


My house is fantastic in the summer.  It holds at a nice 85 in the summer, which for some is still too hot, but when its 100 degrees outside it’s wonderful in the house.  The winter time is a different story.  It gets really freaking cold.  The HVAC system wasn’t the greatest when I moved in, but it worked.  I scheduled the tune ups and only ran it when needed.  The house can get down to 54 degrees in the morning and sometimes when I got home from work it would warm up to 59. The flooring is hardwood except for the bedrooms.  So it’s a bit colder than in my sister’s house that has carpet in most of the house.  Doesn’t help that I have a concrete slab foundation either.  So I have just bundled up and wore slippers.  Craig says that you can hang meat in the house it’s so cold.  I do have to say that my wine collection likes this environment though.

Well the time came replace it as it was too dangerous to turn on per Gilmore Heating.  So I started to get estimates and choked at the cost, cried and stressed about having to replace the system.  I had 4 estimates done and finally decided on Bell Brothers.  They came in middle of the road and could not beat the financing.  I still have anxiety over it, but it will be much warmer anxiety instead of cold anxiety.

Pieces of the old unit

 
New Unit

Old unit being lifted out for recycle.  Goodbye old faithful
That was so cool to watch
New Unit being lifted into position
 


No comments:

Post a Comment