Monday, January 20, 2014

Two quickies


New life
I admit I am a little freaked out about getting married.  I have been on my own for so long that I am accustomed to doing a majority of life by myself.  It’s hard for me to let go of certain things and let somebody help me.   That is going to be really hard for me to do.  I have never lived with a boyfriend before, only roommates I have ever had have been my sisters.  But I just have to keep telling myself that everything will be fine and to stop over thinking it.  It’s not the big scary thing that I am making it out to be.  I’m excited for the change and change it good.  Change is needed to keep us on our toes right?   The thought of bringing somebody into my mad little world or combining my mad little world with theirs is enough to rattle anybody. But after you get used to each other its smooth sailing.  Right?

New habits
They say it takes 3 weeks for form a new habit.  That is 3 weeks of dedication to this new habit.  Whatever you do, don’t stray from the new habit.  Easier said than done.  I’m trying to get back into the gym habit and am eating better than I did.  I finally kicked my Doritos habit but do resort back to once in a great while.  I know I feel so much better after I leave the gym and it helps me sleep better.  But it’s so easy to make excuses after work and not go.  But then I kick myself in the ass when I don’t go.  I have no excuse really.  I don’t have kids of my own, I have no real commitments after work except for when I make plans or have errands to do.  It’s not like I have to rush home and cook dinner for anybody (yet).  So why don’t I do it?  Because I got lazy.  That’s the only reason..lazy.  So I will be joining the New Year Resolutioners and get my ass back in shape.  I have attempted to do my aerobic stuff at home and get so disgusted with myself that I let me go this far.  But I have not resorted to the Doritos that I love so much. Will save that for when I’m really depressed…it’s my go to comfort food.  I can’t help it J

No comments:

Post a Comment