Sunday, May 6, 2012

Woo Hoo

So the patio cover is built, but not quite done.  Need to let the lumber sit for a bit as some pieces were still a little green, but by end of this month it will be ready to paint.  So here is the finished product

Needless to say I'm way excited!  So now I can bring out the patio set, the bbq and have my own little backyard parties.  I'm thinkin end of June I will have the much delayed house warming that people keep asking me about.  Don't know yet.

New and Improved Dirt Spot

So yesterday I spent it planting flowers and moving a few around.  I went to the nursery and got some MariGolds and I planted the rest of the Alyssum.  So the dirt spot is no longer a dirt spot



I left a spot for a bird bath and as the spiders were running for their little lives I told them I was making a new environment for them and to not panic.  A few had egg sacks so I was extra gentle with them. I couldn't kill them because they help with the insects.  I can't wait for my flower seeds to start growing too.  I sprinkled more in there so it will be very fragrant and colorful soon.  And my butterfly garden is doing very well.  The bulbs have started to grow and so has all the flower seeds I sprinkled in there.  I planted 2 Marigolds in the dirt spot and 4 in the front of the house for more color.  We are slowly getting there and I'm pretty proud of myself.

Red Hot Sally
The bright red flower in the middle is called a Red Hot Sally.  I have never seen a flower that bright of a red before and it's really pretty.  So I had to go back to the nursery to get another one.  But here is what Sally looks like



The flowers have a longer piece that comes out of the middle and it almost looks like it's sticking it's tongue out.  They get about 12 inches tall and about 10 inches wide.  I hope I can keep this one alive, it's so pretty.






No comments:

Post a Comment