Monday, December 9, 2013

Weekend Snow


I love the snow.  I just don’t like it when it sticks to the roads makes them slushy then freezes.  It started Friday night and I woke up Saturday morning to this.

Part of my backyard


He's my special upside down snowman
 
It’s so peaceful when it snows.  Like the world it taking a time out and is just being still, I love it.  I parked at the bottom of my driveway Friday night so I didn’t go sliding backwards when it all stopped and froze over.  I built a few snowmen, made a snow angel for my Aunt and Uncle and then decided to shovel off the driveway so that I can park on it. Well now my driveway looks like glass from it freezing over and I’m anxious for it to melt so I can park in it again.  Until that time comes, I will just park at the bottom, cover my windows and pray that I don’t ski down the driveway in the process like I did when I went to cover my windows.

The weekend snow has turned to black ice on the roads and it makes for scary driving as there are those who do not know how to slow down and leave space between cars.  I would rather get to my destination safe than not at all, so I was driving cautiously this morning.  And shaking my head at those who were not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment