Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Just Curious


After a few more conversations with Craig and reminding him that I don’t want to really discuss future living arrangements or weddings (which is a separate subject) I thought I would take a gander at houses for sale in the areas close by.  Don’t get me wrong, I love my house and have only been in it for going on 3 years now, its’ perfect size and love my backyard.  I spent my childhood on 10 acres and the high school years on a little over an acre (my sisters and I were so bored that first summer we moved).  So as much as I would love to stay up on the country, Craig does not want to move up my way.  I am not one for the expanding city so I am not moving to his area.  I hate driving around down there and the houses are to cookie cutter with small back yards.  I need space and a house with personality.

So I thought I would poke around on some real estate sites and see what was available out there.  I’m amazed at how low the housing prices still are.  For all the talk of the booming housing industry and sky rocketing prices, I didn’t really see it.  I saw a lot of houses that had the prices reduced due to being on the market for so long.  I told Craig what I was doing and he seemed excited.  He let me know the minimum square footage he would like and if the house had a pool that was a bonus for him.  I told him that I could care less if there is a pool or not, I want a nice backyard.  I don’t mind doing the yard work which works out well for him since he hates it.  I find it therapeutic. 

I’m not thrilled at the thought of moving yet again.  I’ve moved around too much in my life.  I thought when I bought my house that I would not be moving for another 30 years.  They can move in with me so if didn’t work out, I wouldn’t be the one moving out.  Craig will be the very first boyfriend that I dwell with.  The others never lasted that long but then again, I didn’t want to dwell with them either.  I am excited for our future, yet leary at the same.  I am hesitant on the thought of renting my house out to total strangers.  Are they going to take care of it? Are they going to be assholes and trash the place?  Are they going to be nice to my neighbors and the neighborhood kids?  Is it discrimination to say I want non-smokers only?  Do I allow pets?  It makes me twitchy to think about all of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment