Monday, December 9, 2013

Oh what list to start with


Last Wednesday night I decided to compile all my music lists that I have for bands to check out into one neat little spot. And holy cow did I have lots of lists.  Lists from work, lists at home, lists in my purse, lists in the glove box of the car, lists in my lunch bag and even a few on my coffee table.  I even found my wish list.  So after compiling all my lists into yet another tablet, I started going through my wish list to see what I still wanted and what could be crossed off.  I got about halfway done with the first page and then lost all interest yet again.  I kept thinking about all the other things I could be doing.  Like cleaning the house, cleaning out my drinking glasses which I have way more than I need, organizing my pots and pans, regrout the tile behind the kitchen sink and that’s just to start on the inside of the house.  The outside of the house list is getting long too.  I am trying to keep all my lists in one spot so I don’t lose them.  I just keep adding to them.

Also since this is December, the list of all lists come out.  You know the ones I’m talking about:  “Top 20 albums of 2013”, “Top 100 Movies of 2013”, “Top 100 songs of 2013”and those lists go on and on.  But for a person like me, they are really fun to read and aggrevating at the same time.  As they are always criticized and you wonder who made those lists, what were they thinking when those lists were made and why didn’t they choose that one instead of this one.  So to make myself feel better, I will make my own which starts yet another list to add to my pile.  Craig will find them one day and then the questions, then I will just smile and say “It’s my madness.”

No comments:

Post a Comment