Monday, January 14, 2013

Tid Bits


BLUKA
If you have watched Young Frankenstein you will know that there is a character played by Cloris Leachman that goes by the name Frau Blücher.   It’s a great Mel Brooks movie, so if you haven’t seen it you really should.  I learned about Kitty from a friend who had her in a small dog kennel/crate in her bedroom.  Kitty was born in August, but by looking at her you wouldn’t believe that she is 5 months old as she looks younger than that she’s so little.  I decided to rescue Kitty and give her a better life than a kennel/crate in a bedroom with little interaction.  Off to Petsmart I went to get a carrier for her.  I didn’t want to use Fabio’s as he was going to be pinchy enough with a newbie in the house, and it’s nice to have two so I don’t have to cram them both in one.  Fabio is a big boy, not fat, just big. 
Kitty didn’t have a name at all, so I decided to name her Bluka in reference to the Young Frankenstein character.  Bluka is quite the little character herself.  She makes a little purring noise when she’s playing almost like she’s talking,  she’s not sure about the cuddling thing but when she does get a little bit of loves she is quiet the little lovebug.  She is not sure what to think of Fabio just yet, so she hisses and growls at him.  But they will be buds soon enough.  Fabio is more curious about her and what she is doing in his house.  She gets her first round of kitty shots and a well kitty check up on Saturday.  Hopefully she will get a passing grade. Not sure if she’s old enough to be fixed yet, but we will consult the vet on that.
 PARKING LOT RAGE
 I would like to say that I can control my temper in all situations, but sadly that’s not true.  Saturday as I was leaving the store, I was waiting for traffic to clear so that I could go. I looked left, right then left again and saw an older Dodge tailgate headed straight for my car.  I laid on my horn, the guy behind me was on his and there was woman off to the side yelling to stop she was going to hit a car.  As soon as she finally saw me, it was too late.  She hit my car L  I put it in park, got out to check out the damage and ripped into the driver of the Dodge.  I mean, let her have it almost screaming at her.  She looked shocked (I think I scared her), the guy behind me was wide eyed and the woman was also.  I said my piece and got back into the car.  Thankfully there was no major damage.  The mark that is left can be rubbed out with rubbing compound.  I hate parking lots anyways.  I feel all common sense goes right out the window when people enter a parking lots and it becomes a free for all. 
 
2 YEARS
Two years ago today I moved into my home.  It’s been fun and a little frustrating at times.  But I wouldn’t trade being a home owner for renting if I can help it.  It’s wonderful, it’s all mine and I can do whatever I want to it and have as many pets as my neighbors and I can tolerate…and county regulations allows.

No comments:

Post a Comment