Thursday, December 18, 2014

It's list season


I love this time of year.  Everybody releases their “Best/Worst of” for the year.  Everything from video games, movies, music, technology; you name it, they probably have a list for it.  I have already started going through the top albums and songs for the year from Rolling Stone, Pitchfork, Flavorwire, Yahoo Music and NPR.  There are so many more lists out there, but these are my favorite ones.  This gives me a chance to go over what I missed in the music world.  Don’t get me wrong, there are a ton of lists out there, but after a while they all start to have the same artists just in different rankings.  I get excited when I do see one of my purchases on a list.  I like to think that I made the extra yummy music choice when this does happen.  Yes, I said yummy music.

After I get all moved in and settled in my new home I will be spending time scouring my favorite sites again for new/old artists and the wish list will continue to grow.  I will be reviewing these new lists in the process as well.  I cannot wait to continue to my love of all music and to have back my long day at work just want to listen to some Crooners, musical Saturdays, hot bubble baths with Frankie and some candles, iPod update fests where I spend quite a bit of time combing through what I have, wiping my iPod clean and reloading it.  Feeling like I’ve rekindled an old love interest when I hear a cd that I haven’t heard in a long time.  And will post my own lists of my favorite top ten songs/albums/artists I think should be heard.  My calendar will once again be filled with new releases and my presence at a different Dimple store will be a regular occurrence.  It’s good to be back.  And Thank You music industry people for your lists.  They are greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment