Saturday, January 31, 2015

New Journeys, challenges and sadness


I have started a new journey of getting myself healthier.  I guess you could say this has been inspired by a couple things.  One being I sit all day and am tired of hurting from it, so I have decided to do something about that.  I got a stability ball to sit on at work and go between that and my chair.  It seems to help.  The second one being I am tired of being tired all the time and don’t like the way I look anymore.  I used to be so active, I don’t know what happened.  So I have decided to fix that as well.  The third one is the inspiration I have gotten from my sister.  She’s been going to her trainer for almost a year now and looks fantastic.  Every time I see her she looks even better.  So these three things combined have kicked my ass into gear to hire a trainer and get my shit together again.  I have been changing my eating habits and can’t say I no longer eat crap, but it’s a lot less frequent.  Instead of going for the chocolate donuts at night, I go for the sweet baby carrots instead. 

I made this decision 3 weeks ago and have to say it’s the best decision I have made yet.  I didn’t feel guilty about hiring my trainer since I no longer have credit card payments and don’t have a car payment.  So I looked at it as paying off one of my old credit cards.  And I love my trainer, he’s funny and very encouraging.  When I do certain exercises on my own I can hear him in my head “suck it in and butt butt butt”
Challenges
The new roommate is leading to some discouraging challenges.  I like him, he’s a nice enough guy.  Narcissistic, but nice.  Craig and I had two weeks together in our new home.  I was excited that Ryan got a new room he could decorate how he wanted and we had a whole house to ourselves.  Just us with the occasional Ryan.  Life was going to be great.  Yeah, not so much.  I mean life is still great with Craig, just have the roommate who screwed up his life living with us now.  It’s been a little over a month now and he still has no clue what he’s going to do.  He thinks he is just going to hang out here until he and the wife figure out their relationship.  In the beginning I was like “okay then we will put his ass to work”  and now it’s like “oh look he’s home, there goes my quiet night with Craig.” 

I don’t know if Craig has spoken with him about how long he thinks he will be here or what he plans on doing, but I’m thinking if he’s going to be hanging out here, then he’s going to be paying a portion of all bills as it’s not fair to Craig and I to pay for everything while he gets the free ride.  He does the occasional cooking and grocery shopping, that ‘s it.   Have no idea how much bills would have gone up because we haven’t been able to judge that. I do know that I am dreading the water bill that is coming up.
Sadness
Two weeks ago my beloved sweet little girl Bluka went missing.  At first it was both of my furbabies, but I got Fabio back due to being persistant with the neighbor who’s garage he was locked in.  How she could not hear him meowing or said she didn’t, but I was pushy with her and she finally let me in so I could get him out and bring him home.   I was so happy to have one back and the search began for the second.  I walked the neighborhood so much that first Saturday and Sunday calling her name but nothing.  Did the same thing that first week, put up flyers that she was missing, stalked the lost pet websites and still nothing.  Week 2 came and went, Craig took down the flyers and all I can do is hold out hope that she will come home and wherever she may be that she is warm, has food and water and is being loved.  I get mad at myself thinking I shouldn’t have let her out that Thursday night and she would still be home.  Fabio is bored and he keeps checking the house for her. I tell him every time he goes outside to not come home without her.  I did get him microchipped so if he does he get lost again I have a better chance of finding him.  I miss my sweet little spastic girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment