Monday, April 1, 2013

It Starts


Yard work
Yesterday was the first weekend I have been home in a month.  There was so much yard work to do; I didn’t know where to begin but the front of the house seemed like a great beginning.  Got out all my supplies (clippers, pruners, weed bucket, lawn mower, green waste bin) and off to work I went.  The lawn was the easiest part of my morning.  Just push the lawn mower around and no biggie.  Then attack of the weeds.  The little jerks were taking over my river rocks, pea gravel and flower beds.  After what seemed like forever but in all reality was only a couple hours it was almost done.  I should have taken before and after pictures of my flower bed but ya know. Got to working and forgot about it.  About halfway through my project, Craig came up with some of his stuff so I helped him unload the truck and went back to my weed pulling.  This is great therapy by the way.  The front of the house looks fantastic again.  Flowers are so happy they can breathe, weeds met their death and just to be extra sure I sprayed weed killer on the pea gravel and river rocks to make sure the little jerks don’t come back…well for at least a few months anyways.

After the front yard was done, it was time to move into the back yard. Craig was so nice as to mow the grass/weeds for me and then I started on what I call the dirt patch.  My Butterfly Bush that I planted last year was being choked out by the wildflowers I put in there so they had to come out.  I could have sworn I heard a “Thank you” come from the bush when I was done.  After awhile a break was needed, so Craig and I went off to the nursery and came home with three new plants.  The frogs, spiders and other critters will be so happy since I mostly ripped their little homes out.  I told the critters that we are in the middle of rebuilding the community, had to take the ghetto flowers out.  They were okay with it amazingly enough.

Our first plants together


I can’t wait until they get established.  It’s going to be so pretty.  Still work to do be done in the backyard, but it's almost complete. 
 
First BBQ
I cannot wait for our life together.  We decided the best way to celebrate the new beginning on Saturday was to do an impromptu bbq.  It was a great way to break in the new life ahead of us and his patio set. Just need cushions now.  My nieces would always ask me when I was getting a boyfriend and married. I used to tell them when the right one came along, I wasn’t going to just settle for anybody. Well, here he is manning the bbq and teaching my nieces golf.
Fabio saw Cooper and did what he usually does, hides either in the house or goes to explore his kingdom behind the house.  Bluka wasn’t sure what to do about the dog or all the people, so she hid in my room and only came out to see if the crowd was still there.  She made friends with Doug and Autumn though. 




My nieces were entertained with chalk in the garage.  Here is their fine art work.

 
I see many more of these in the future and cannot wait.  Craig’s friends are excited for him and cannot wait to see his new residence and for some meet the girl that stole his heart.  Craig said we will have to have a house warming this summer.  But we will wait until he’s fully moved in.  I’m going to go throw up now (too much cuteness in this post).

No comments:

Post a Comment