Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Don't fence me in


Or in my case out.  Now in my defense I was trying to help out the neighbor and it was driving me nuts that the fence boards were missing even though the boards were not on my side of the property line, I was being a good neighbor and fixing them.  So I went up on Saturday with my drill and screws, crawled through the fence and made sure those boards were not going to fall down again.  Well without thinking about it, I fenced myself out of my yard and was kind of stuck on my neighbors’ property.  Yes, I was trespassing.  So there I am, thinking how the in hell am I going to get back over this wooden fence that is partially rotted because it’s old.  I examined my predicament and thought I will just scale it no problem.  One part of the fence is field fencing, and then starts the wood which lines my backyard.  There I was scaling partial field fencing and trying to not lose my balance on the wood fence.  I’m sure it looked really funny as I’m not the spry little tree climber that I used to be.  But with a little luck and some witnesses I managed to get myself on the right side of the property and the boards up secured as tightly as I was able to secure them.  They will have to be replaced, but that’s a different adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment