Wednesday, October 2, 2013

So angry


Just to clarify, it takes a lot to really make me angry.  It’s not very easy to do but it was easily done yesterday.  I received a misguided interoffice message stating “all Becky does is just repeat what her dad says”  pretty much implying that I don’t think for myself and my father’s word is golden.  I saw that and was fuming angry.  Whether or not the sender was looking to pick a fight or just accidentally sent it to me without paying attention as to who it was actually going to.  Personally I think it’s jealousy of the close relationship I have with my father. Which seems to be the case a majority of the time.

First of all, I am very close with my father as my sisters are too.  We each have our own special relationship with him and are very protective of him.  Second of all, he’s a very smart man.  He pays attention to what’s going on around him, what’s going on in the news and actually listens.  He’s always been there for us when it seemed nobody else was, is my sounding board and in some cases my confidant, has been into politics way more than any of us has and I do value his opinion a lot more than others.  BUT I also do have my own opinions, think for myself, do my own research and yes depending on what is talked about will repeat what he says.  Because it makes sense and gets people thinking.  I DO NOT think his word is golden.  I’m very opinionated when it comes to certain things in life and thanks to my childhood feel very strongly about certain things and make it known.  That does not mean that they are my father’s opinions.  He does, however, feel very strongly about the same things that I do thanks to the hell my sisters and I were put through growing up.  So we do share certain opinions.

To the sender of the misguided message, I do feel sorry for that person.  I feel sorry for them because they felt the need to belittle me to make them feel better about themselves (that’s fine I have thick skin).  I also think it’s very childish and pathetic of that person to start talking shit that early in the morning.  I’d like to say it was fun watching them squirm their way out of it.  If they are miserable in their own life, then be miserable; leave everybody else out of the misery or fix whatever is making you miserable!  But it’s easier to wallow in the misery than to actually do something about it.  My father has been a mentor to many of the people who have come in and out of my sisters and I’s life.  He’s a strong man with much patience and has the morals and values that are really lacking today.  I’ve been called old fashioned and do have those values and morals which I learned from my father that yes DO DATE BACK TO THE 30’S because of my grandparents.  I’m rather proud of my old fashioned morals and values.  Because that just means that I DO NOT in any way feel entitled, feel the need to be included in everything all the time, know the world DOES NOT revolve around me (as the sender of the message once told me), am happy doing things alone, value a great work ethic that is extremely lacking in today’s society and also value the friendships that I do have as they have been carefully selected for those I want to keep around.  I have no time for drama nor do I welcome it in my life.  Not saying my life is drama free, but there is very little of it.  And if I do not want you in my life, you will be excluded rather quickly.  I’m excellent at that as again, lessons learned from childhood.  I do not need a hundred friends, do not need everybody to like me and actually work for what I have.  I am not fake nor do I need to be. If you like me great, if not I'm okay with that too. 

OH and since this is MY BLOG.  If you don’t like it, don’t read it.  It won’t hurt my feelings.  One last thing, if you don’t have anything nice to say then keep your mouth shut as I don’t want to hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment