Thursday, October 3, 2013

Becks Bits


Wine Hoard

My beloved twin was at Hospice Thrift Store one day and called me about a wine rack.  She said described it to me and figured it would hold about 67 bottles.  Told me how much it was (or so she thought) so I told her to go ahead and get it, I would pay her back.  Turns out it was only $22!!  Talk about a score.  I couldn’t wait to get home to check it out and finally get my wine out of the hall closet.  As I got to work filling it up, it turns out I have a lot more than I originally thought.  The rack holds 5 cases and I still have 2 more in the closet. I kept one of the empty boxes for any new wine that happens to come home with me.

 
Backyard Cleanup
My other beloved sister and awesome brother in law came up to help me trim up a couple trees and take one down.  After much cutting and trimming my backyard looks a little naked, but it looks great.



 
Ready for Fall
I love this time of year.  The leaves are changing colors, the weather is cooler and it’s time to “winterize” the house.  So the trees are trimmed, barbeque is in the garage, water spickets have been disconnected from the garden hoses and covered with frost caps.  Next up is to clean out the gutters which will be this weekend.  It’s also time for my favorite day of the year.  That’s right, Halloween.  The neighborhood kids came over to help set up the tombstones and hang stuff from the trees.  The yard looks great.  Now to stock up on candy for the onslaught of kids looking for candy on Halloween night.


Upcoming concert
Last year I hunted down a cd by Clairy Brown and the Bangin Rackettes.  Since it was an import, I had to special order it.  It was a very exciting day when it arrived and it has been a staple cd in my car since.  Earlier this year she started touring here in the States and I hoped and prayed she would be coming close to my area.  Low and behold she is!!  So I bought tickets, booked my hotel and am going to get my groove on the weekend of the 19th to Ms. Clairy Brown and her lovely Rackettes.  I am beyond excited and cannot wait to see her live.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment