Friday, August 31, 2012

Gonna keep seachin, searchin

So I’ve been searching off and on for a particular album from Shirley Ellis.  Many of you only know her only by the Name Game song.  But I know her for a few other songs.  Sadly I have not been able to find the album I really want.  I have been stalking Dimple Records, took a gander at Amazon and E-Bay, but I’m not willing to pay over $70 for an album unless it’s some special collector’s edition that I’ve been dying to have and will just keeping going up in value as time goes on.  But it’s not one of those, it’s just an album that I would love to have in my collection.  So I have enlisted the assistance of a friend/co-worker in Southern California to keep an eye out for when she is out and about and happens to stumble into a used record store.  I would like to also go scour a few in San Francisco to see what treasures I can find there, to me that would be fun.  For others it might be boring.  So here is my plea, if anybody is out and about and happens to stumble into a used record/music store.  Here is the album I’m looking for. 

Shirley Ellis – The Complete Congress Recordings. 
 
If you find it, please let me know where you found it.  I would be most thankful and probably jump up and down like a high school girl that finally got the dude she’s had a crush on to ask her to the dance.  Yes I will be that excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment