Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mission Impossible?????


I've had this song from Willie Nelson/Toby Keith/BeBe Wyans stuck in my head for the last three weeks titled "Uncloudy Day". It was originally done by Willie Nelson back in the day, but this particular version is very uplifting, fun and great to sing at the top of your lungs. It’s a total feel good song.  I have this song on a mixed cd that I made quite awhile ago.  To give you a little bit of background on my mixed cds.  At one time in my life I was obsessed with downloading music of all kinds and in the process made a lot of very cool mixed cds.  I guess you could say this all started back in 6th grade with my friend Diana (actually I could just blame her for my whole music obsession.  My Dimple obsession came from my second family growing up, thank you very much Bernido family). Diana and I were always making mixed tapes, but that was back when you could record direct from the radio.  You know, sit by the radio all day waiting to hear your favorite song only to have the dj talk through the beginning of the song until they started singing, but you still recorded it anyways.  Ah, those were the days.  Then the cd came out, which is a whole different story. Anyways, as result of my obsession I have 3 cases the biggest one holds 300, the smaller ones 100 each.  Instead of writing down what songs were on the cd at the time of creation (which would have been smart), I gave them names like Anti-Schmoop, O.M.G. and Underneath Your Stained Red High Heels (fun I know).

Now I know it won't be on the ones that have Great Band Era, 40 Funky Hits, Goofy Gold Greats or Weird Al Favorites (okay that one might just because I'm eclectic like that).  So my mission is to not only find this one particular song, but it has spurred a whole new mission of writing down each song/artist on every single cd in those cases.  I could totally cheat and just ask my friend Christina for the soundtrack that it’s on and move on with my life, but it’s the principal of the matter now.  It’s going to take a lot of patience and research to get this done properly as I don’t know the artists/djs on my clubbin/gym cds (thank goodness for Google and Elyrics).  But most of them I can figure out just by listening and others I can just look up the album on the internet and print out title tracks from there.  The instrumental ones though are going to be the most difficult.  Sadly, I have done this before with different songs, but when I found them I just wrote it on the cd and moved on with my life. 

So as I embark on my new journey, I like to think of it as cd immersion therapy and cannot wait to hear all the songs I completely forgot I had.  I don’t think of this as mission impossible because it’s a mission that I choose to accept and I know it won’t explode in 15 seconds after reading this.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! I was worried this was going to explode after reading it!! YIKES!! :)

    ReplyDelete